Bank of America Military Member Fee Class Action Lawsuit
- An eye-popping $42,000,000 settlement has been announced in the class action lawsuit entitled Childress v. Bank of America NA
- You do not have to submit proof of purchase is required in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie
- Class members who would like to object or opt out of the settlement can do so by 12/12/17
Roger that Goblin but who is a class member?
“All persons identified in Bank of America’s records as obligors or guarantors of an obligation or account that, at any time on or after September 11, 2001, received and/or may have been eligible to receive additional compensation related to military reduced interest rate benefits from Defendant, but excluding persons who have executed a release of rights claimed in this action” – bankofamericamilitarysettlement.com
Bank of America Military Settlement Notes
- If you are a class member you will automatically be mailed a check once the BOA Military Member Fee class action is finalized
- A settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 2/5/2018 if you wish to argue the amount of the settlement in court
- You do not have to hire a lawyer as the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina has approved the law firms of HAGENS BERMAN SOBOL SHAPIRO LLP, SMITH & LOWNEY PLLC, and SHANAHAN LAW GROUP PLLC to represent all class member
If you are not sure if you are a class member please call 1-877-468-0425 or email the class administrator at info@BankofAmericaMilitarySettlement.com. If you wish to reach the class action administrator by US mail please write to: Bank of America Military Settlement, c/o Kurtzman Carson Consultants, P.O. Box 404036.
Bank of America denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to a 42 million dollar settlement in order to avoid further litigation. BOA has hired Bryan A. Fratkin form the law firm of MCGUIRE WOODS LLP.