BPNA Overdraft Fee Settlement
- A $5.2 million settlement has been proposed in regards to the N.Y. Banco Popular Overdraft Fee Class Action Lawsuit
- BPNAOverdraftFeeSettlement.com is administered by A.B. Data Ltd.
- All claims MUST be filed by 7/23/18
- The lawsuit is pending in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of New York, Commercial Division and is entitled Valle v. Popular Community Bank, Case No. 653936/2012
Class members in the case are defined as any New York Popular Community Bank account holder who paid an overdraft fee as a result of an ATM or “point of sale” withdrawal or transaction between Jan. 25, 2012 and Sept. 30, 3014.
It should be noted that New York Popular Community Bank deny any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to a mind-blowing 5.2 million dollar settlement in order to avoid further litigation.
- The settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 8/6/18
- Class members do not have to hire a lawyer as the Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of New York, Commercial Division has already appointed lawyers
- Settlement payments may be adjusted on a pro rata basis if the total amount exceeds $5.2 million or is less than $550,000
- In order to file a claim the class member will have to provide the Notice ID or Popular Bank account number(s)
BPNAOverdraftFeeSettlement.com Contact Points
- Mail: Banco Popular Overdraft Fee Settlement, c/o A.B. Data Ltd., P.O. Box 173048, Milwaukee, WI 53217
- Phone: 1-888-208-9630
- Email: info@BPNAOverdraftFeeSettlement.com
- Fax: N/A
All class members will be represented by Joseph P. Guglielmo and Erin Green Comite from thr law firm of SCOTT+SCOTT ATTORNEYS AT LAW LLP AND Joseph S. Tusa from the law firm of TUSA PC.
New York Popular Community Bank has hired Jonathan D. Lupkin from the law firm of LUPKIN & ASSOCIATES PLLC.