- A 3.5 million dollar settlement has been proposed in the class action lawsuit entitled Gergetz v. Telenav Inc.
- The case is pending in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, San Jose Division
- Class members contend that Telenav violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- TelenavTCPASettlement.com is administered by Epiq
Anyone who received a bothersome message from Telenav between July 28, 2012 to March 5, 2018 will want to file a claim (see the exact worded messages later in this write-up). Telenav denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to a mind-blowing 3.5 million dollar settlement in order to avoid further court cost.
Class members in the lawsuit are defined as anyone in the United States who received one of the following messages listed below between the dates of July 28, 2012 and March 5, 2018:
- “Download Scout to send notifications”
- “Connect with [NAME] by downloading Scout”
- “To see [NAME]’s progress and communicate, download Scout”
- “Welcome to Scout! [NAME] is using Scout to talk about, plan, and navigate to Meet Ups”
In order to file a claim please visit telenavtcpasettlement.com/Login and provide the class members ID or the affected phone number. Please note the Class Member ID is a 9-digit alphanumeric value that is found on the front of the Postcard Notice above the class members name and address information or within the Email Notice.
- Experts close to the case estimate 200,000 consumers qualify for this settlement
- Class members can claim up to $9,000, depending on the number of valid claims submitted
- All claim forms must be filed by 8/28/2018
- Class members who file valid claims will automatically be represented by the law firms of WOODROW & PELUSO LLC and LAW OFFICES OF STEFAN COLEMAN PA
- Mail: Gergetz v. Telenav Inc., Settlement Administrator – Epiq, P.O. Box 2995, Portland, OR 97208-2995
- Phone: 1-877-646-9240
- Email: Not Found